Hi Crealies fans, Dr Sonia here with an easy to make Pop Up Card design featuring the gorgeous new mounted floral rubber stamps from Crealies.
Here is how you can make it
- Stamp the Crealies Floral stamps- I used the Crealies Hibiscus, Sunflower and Bellflower stamps
- Heat emboss the floral stamps- gold will look especially good with flowers
- Color the stamped images with the media of your choice .Water-coloring is a quick option when you want to quickly color a lot of stamped images. In this card I used Zig Watercolor Brush Pens .
- Fussy cut the flowers and leaves- leave a bit of paper on the lower part to help attach the images to the Pop Up Card .
- You don't have to be super accurate when fussy cutting the images...just water-color the gaps shades of green and it will blend in nicely with the garden theme.
- Take 4 strips of sturdy card stock - two pieces 7 x 2 inches and two pieces 5.5 x 2 or slightly less than two inches
- Score the long 7 inch strips at 1/2 and 2.5 inch from one end
- Score the short strips at 1/2 and 5 inch
- Fold the long pieces as shown below
- Stick the short tab as shown- use good strong adhesive
- Stick the short tab of the other strip to complete a box.
- Fold the box down to make sure your gluing is correct and you have a structure which folds perfectly flat
- Take the scored short strips and fold the side tabs in opposite directions- this tiny step will make your Pop Up Card more sturdy
- Glue one tab inside the box as shown , apply glue to the other tab
- Before the glue dries, fold the box flat so that the tab will stick perfectly to the opposite side
- Stick the other strip in the similar way
- Your Pop Up Card is ready to embellish!
You can use strips of acetate to stick the flowers and add them to your Pop Up Card dividers. The pearl sprigs were simply wound around the dividers and sway beautifully as the card folds and unfolds!
I hope you liked this Pop Up Card made with the gorgeous Crealies floral stamps.
Here are the list of supplies used [you can buy from the Crealies Website]