donderdag 8 december 2022

Crealies, DIY gift box or Lantern with matching cards

 
Today Today Swapna is our guest designer.
She made a lovely lantern and a few nice cards.


Namaste welcome to my next blog post for Crealies. Recently we celebrated Deepavali in India. It’s a festival of lights, it's the celebration of good over evil. So I used the Crealies Disco ball box die to make the lantern, I made a garland of these small lantern to decorate our home. 

I followed instructions over Crealies YouTube to make the box. Then I decorated it with simple die cut elements. I kept the colours very neutral so the light can be visible. I forgot to take a photo in night but into light it looks awesome too. I had a few die cut elements extra so I made simple cards to match if I plan to use the lantern as a gift box.



Shaker card
It’s a bonus card. Do you remember my 2nd post? I used sentiment strips for the cards and I had so many die cut alphabets so I thought why not make a shaker card with the letters.
So I made a simple card.

*****
I just loved the cards I could create with just small dies in the set. They look so different when we use with colours. I made 4 cards. Cards are simple and you can follow easily.

I made a bunch of die cuts and arranged them with backing to make card elements.

I scored straight lines on a black card base and then used few washi tapes to stick beside them. Added one die cut element to make the design complete. I have not added any sentiment for my cards to keep them simple and if needed I can add sentiment later.

For this card I used wide washi tapes in same colour family and added diagonally.
And then one die cut element to finish the card.

*****
These are similar cards but in different colours. I used stars die set. I die cut many times to have plenty stars. Then I used green, purple and pink colours to blend. I glued each die cut off setting so that the formation looks like flower and leaves. I scored diagonal lines on a grey card panel and cut it into half. Added them on a white card base and added a silver strip and the flowers.




Products used

Crealies dies / stansen:

 
  
 

Swapna, thanks for your lovely creation.
Soon you can also see this on Swapna's blog.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...