woensdag 5 december 2018

New shapes for Artist Trading Cards


Vandaag is Piia onze Guest Designer.
Zij werkte met de stansen voor de altenatieve ATC-modellen.


ATC Oval


I chose a neutral paper as background and die cut black cardstock as background.
I love Crealies dies for ATC as you always get 2 sizes and this way you can always
use the bigger piece as a background frame and using 2 layers also makes the card
thick and sturdy. Also if you play with inks and paints you can always do it on the
smaller piece and then at the end die cut the background with bigger die with
clean cardstock to avoid any ink or paint stains on the back of the ATC.

I used the filmstrip dies to cut 2 different size black cardstock strips. 
Then I chose some vintage pictures ephemera and placed the filmstrip dies on
top of the pictures with washi tape to keep them in place while die-cutting.
This way I got pictures that fit perfectly inside the strips.

On the neutral paper I stamped with Bits & Pieces no. 133 (Old Handwriting stamp)
and Archival Ink. Then I placed the filmstrips and pictures and embellished with
die cut pieces made with Decorette Die no. 25 (Mosaic). Finally I added a text sticker
that fitted the vintage theme perfect as only time will tell the stories of these ladies.

Crealies dies/stansen:

Crealies stamps/stempels:

X-tra stansen/dies no. 23, ATC ovaal / ATC oval X-tra stans/die no. 14, Filmstrip groot / Filmstrip large X-tra stans/die no. 13, Filmstrip klein / Filmstrip small Decorette stans/die no. 25, Mozaƃ¯ek / Mosaic Bits & Pieces stempel/stamp no. 133, Oud handschrift 3 regels/Old handwriting 3 lines


**********************************************
ATC Shape A


I die cut bigger piece for the ATC out of black cardstock once again and the
smaller piece from aquarelle paper.  I spread Distress Oxide Ink shades Stormy Sky
and Seedless Preserves on a gelli plate and spread them evenly with a brayer.
Then I took some of the ink away with Bits & Pieces no.3 and Bits & Pieces no.7
stamps to make the crackled effect. After I was finished I pressed the aquarelle
paper piece on the gelli plate and lifted the inked background from the plate. 

I stamped the fallings stars with Bits & Pieces no.132  stamp and Archival Ink.
I die cut text pieces for “I Believe” with Text Die no. 113 and glued them on the card.
Finally I added some sparkle with silver glitter pen by dabbing some small dots
on the top part of the card.

Crealies dies/stansen:

Crealies stamps/stempels:
                                                                     
X-tra stansen/dies no. 24, ATC vorm A / ATC shape A Text Die no. 113 I hope, believe, dream Bits & Pieces stempel/stamp no. 7, Thin mosaic Bits & Pieces stempel/stamp no. 3, Crackle Bits & Pieces stempel/stamp no. 133, Oud handschrift 3 regels/Old handwriting 3 lines

Piia, thanks a lot for your  lovely card and explanation.
Soon you can also find it on Piia's blog.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...